Wednesday, August 8, 2012

An ode to Tierra Nueva, and the continuing of nuestra aventura

What can I say about Tierra Nueva?  The three months I spent in Washington were beautiful and made a great impact on ways I view life and justice and food... 

Things that stand out to me: 

soaking during worship,

Holly from Faith House dancing like a child, waving a banner and laughing like a sprite as she skipped around while we sang,

Chuckie coming like an angel as I wept in realization of the long physical separation of myself with the Hernandez family that had just begun, and then visiting me again and again, one time saying, "I ain't never been afraid of anything.  You tell me I can't fly?  I'll show you just how far I can.  The only fear I have is of the Lord."

The concern on Salvio and Victoria's faces as they told me, "Sigue en tus estudios, y cuando te graduas, vete aca otro vez, y vamos a verte".  (continue studying and when you graduate you can come here and we'll see you)  They believe college education is important, and want me to take advantage of this as they didn't have that chance.

Playing Pato Pato Ganzo at the lake on my last day of farm.

Being entertained on the rising log in the lake with good friends.

Being supported, welcomed, and loved in every interaction with friends...

Ay, there is too much.  I'll just say that the last week I spent in Burlington was wonderful.  Moments were savored, prayers were raised, and I was surrounded in love.  I want to share more, pero ya me canse.  So I will write more.  It will come

No comments:

Post a Comment